Flight Attendant Associate in Science Degree
Division: Career Technical Education
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03814
The Flight Attendant Program provides students with a career path for attaining the communication skills, practical knowledge, and technical training necessary for pursuing a career as a flight attendant. Students completing this degree will develop an advanced understanding of the airline industry and the customer safety, security, and service requirements necessary to work as a flight attendant for a major airline.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the social justice, equity, and sustainability and reading requirements
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units, and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College.
Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required Courses listed in suggested sequence (27 units):|
|ATC 101 C||Introduction to Travel Careers||3|
|ATC 102 C||Career Communication and Portfolio||3|
|ATC 174 C||Destinations - Americas and Europe||3|
|ATC 175 C||Destinations - Africa and Pacific||3|
|ATC 182 C||Cultural Tourism||3|
|ATC 183 C||Customer Care - Airline and Travel||3|
|ATC 256 C||Crew Resource Management||3|
|ATC 270 C||Airline Operations||3|
|ATC 274 C||Passenger Services and Safety||3|
|Electives: To complete all major requirements, students must complete 8 elective units from the list below (if not already taken as a required course) (8 units):||8|
|Introduction to Aviation||3|
|Aviation and Transportation Security||3|
|Disaster Preparedness Response||3|
|Flight Simulator Private Pilot||2|
|Aviation and Travel Internship||3|
|Aviation and Travel Seminar||0.5-12|
|Self-Defense (formerly PE 170 C)||0.5-1|
|First Aid, CPR and Emergencies (formerly PE 235 C)||3|