Associate in Science Degree Computer and Office Applications
PROGRAM CODE: 1S31209
The Associate in Science Degree Computer and Office Applications program provides theoretical and practical knowledge to students in the area of computer applications used in an office setting. This degree program focuses on recent computer applications used in a wide variety of government, academia, and business-related settings. This degree program is aimed at students who need to apply an understanding of computer applications to an on-the-job learning environment.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units, and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College.
|Required Courses are listed in suggested sequence (30 units):|
|CIS 101 C||Introduction MS Word Document Formatting||4|
|CIS 102 C||Advanced MS Word Business Applications||4|
|CIS 103 C||Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint||3|
|CIS 150 C||Microsoft Office Applications||3|
|CIS 116 C||MS Outlook/Office Procedures||3|
|CIS 250 C||Word Processing||2|
|CIS 251 C||Advanced Word Processing||2|
|CIS 160 C||Information Systems Management||3|
|CIS 111 C||Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS 121 C||Adobe PDF Document Management||3|