Computer Information Systems Associate in Science Degree
Division: Business and Computer Information Systems
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03767
The Computer Information Systems Associate in Science Degree prepares the student for a career in the area of computer information systems. The program is designed to develop a working knowledge of what is required to be successful in business computer information systems.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the social justice, equity and sustainability and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center. This degree requires 25 units in the major.
|Required Courses are listed in suggested sequence (25 units):|
|ACCT 101 C||Financial Accounting||5|
|CIS 102 C||MS Word Business Applications (formerly Advanced MS Word Business Applications)||4|
|CIS 111 C||Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS 132 C||Spreadsheet-Excel for Windows||4|
|CIS 142 C||Database-Access for Windows||3|
|CIS 211 C||Introduction to Programming||3|
|MGT 111 C||Business Communications||3|
|or MGT 211 C||Writing for Business|