Associate in Science Degree Diagnostic Medical Sonography
PROGRAM CODE: 1S07840
Diagnostic Medical Sonography Program Mission Statement
The Department of Radiologic Technology will provide occupational training in Diagnostic Medical Sonography. The purpose of this instruction is to qualify the student for examination by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography and to prepare the student for gainful employment in Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
To earn the Associate Degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography, the student must satisfactorily complete:
- by the end of the Spring semester all college requirements for an Associate Degree General Education requirements with a grade of C or better in each course or have completed an Associate Degree or higher. This includes: Written Communication and Analytical Thinking, 6 units ENGL 100, 3 units CIS 111, 3 units MATH 40, 3 units BIOL 210, 5 units Cultural Diversity, 3 units Reading Proficiency, 3 units Social Sciences, any choice, 6 units
- the prerequisite courses by the end of the Spring semester with a grade of C or better in each course: RADT 142 C Radiologic Electronics, 4 units RADT 153 C Patient Care, 3 units HS 145 C Medical Terminology, 3 units HS 147 C Survey of Disease, 3 units *DMS 60 C Introduction to Sonography all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- the cultural pluralism and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Total Units Required, 40 units.
Note: All General Education and prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the Spring semester of application.
|DMS 170 C||Sonography Physics||3.5|
|DMS 175 C||Abdomen Sonography||4|
|DMS 172 C||Sonography Externship||5|
|RADT 262 C||Cross-Sectional Imaging 1||1|
|HS 165 C||Ethical and Legal Issues 1||1.5|
|DMS 176 C||Pathology and Small Parts||3|
|DMS 186 C||Ob/Gyn Sonography||4|
|DMS 207 C||Clinical Education I||10|
|DMS 188 C||Doppler Techniques||1.5|
|DMS 217 C||Clinical Education II||7|
|DMS 227 C||Clinical Training III||11|
|DMS 195 C||Carotid and Arterial Sonograph||4|
|DMS 210 C||Review Seminar||2.5|
|DMS 237 C||Clinical Education IV||11|
May be taken prior to enrollment in the program.