Associate in Science Degree Hospitality Management
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03763
The Associate of Science Degree in Hospitality Management offers comprehensive coursework in rooms operations, revenue management, food and beverage management, special events, purchasing, law, cost control, human resources, and sales and marketing. Coursework emphasizes the role of guest services, effective oral and written communication skills, teamwork, management and leadership strategies, ethical decision making and critical thinking. Students will prepare for careers in the dynamic hospitality industry. and/or transfer to a four year university.
To earn an Associate Degree, students must complete all graduation requirements to include:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a total of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0. At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College.
Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, visit www.assist.org or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required Courses are listed in suggested sequence (35 units):|
|HRC 101 C||Introduction to Hospitality Management||3|
|HRC 120 C||Sanitation and Safety||2|
|HRC 125 C||Restaurant Management||3|
|HRC 152 C||Menu Planning and Purchasing (formerly Hospitality Purchasing)||3|
|HRC 160 C||Hotel Operations||3|
|HRC 164 C||Hospitality Law||3|
|HRC 170 C||Beverage Management||3|
|HRC 230 C||Hospitality Leadership||3|
|HRC 231 C||Cost Control in Hospitality||3|
|HRC 232 C||Special Event Management||3|
|HRC 290 C||Hospitality Career Capstone||3|
|ECON 105 C||Principles of Economics-Micro||3|
|or ECON 105HC||Honors Principles of Economics|