Liberal Studies

Transfer Program

Students should consult a counselor or for lower division major requirements for most California public universities. (See the Standard Definitions section of the catalog for a description of ASSIST.) Students transferring to an independent college/university should consult the catalog of the individual school and a counselor for lower division major requirements.

Multiple Subject Matter Program

A Multiple Subject Credential is required to teach elementary school in California. Before entering a Multiple Subject Credential Program a student must either earn a Bachelor Degree and pass the Multiple Subjects Assessment for Teachers or complete a Bachelor Degree that includes an approved Multiple Subject Matter Program that meets the seven areas prescribed by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing. Students should see a counselor for assistance in choosing appropriate classes to meet specific university requirements.

NOTE: Students, please see the Associate In Arts In Elementary Teacher Education for Transfer, (AAT) listed under Education.