Associate in Science Degree Small Business Management
PROGRAM CODE: 1S12296
This curriculum is designed to provide students with the necessary information and skills to start, manage, and promote a small business enterprise in today’s global environment. Focusing on the steps involved in building a business, the program covers all aspects of business ownership and the ways to develop one’s entrepreneurial abilities.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the cultural diversity reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required Courses are listed in suggested sequence (23 untis):|
|MGT 161 C||Introduction to Business||3|
|MGT 261 C||Small Business Management||3|
|MKT 201 C||Small Business Promotion||3|
|MKT 222 C||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MKT 208 C||Principles of Selling||3|
|MGT 266 C||Human Relations in Business||3|
|ACCT 101 C||Financial Accounting||5|
|Electives (6 units):||6|
|Principles of Advertising||3|
|Computer Information Systems||3|
|Principles of Retailing||3|
|Principles of Supervision||3|
|Writing for Business||3|