Associate in Science Degree Merchandising
PROGRAM CODE: 1S07814
This curriculum is designed to prepare students for careers in merchandising and retailing, learning the necessary techniques to display and sell merchandise, satisfy customers and enhance business profitability.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the cultural diversity and reading requirement
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units, and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required Courses Are Listed in Suggested Sequence (21 units):|
|MGT 161 C||Introduction to Business||3|
|MKT 210 C||Consumer Behavior||3|
|MKT 103 C||Principles of Advertising||3|
|MKT 208 C||Principles of Selling||3|
|MKT 222 C||Principles of Marketing||3|
|MKT 105 C||Principles of Retailing||3|
|MGT 266 C||Human Relations in Business||3|
|Additional Recommended Course WOrk (not required):|
|Small Business Management||3|
|Social Responsibility of Bus.||3|