Military Experience Credit

College level correspondence courses completed through the United States Armed Forces Institute (USAFI) will be accepted for credit. The transcript for such courses must be mailed directly to the Admissions and Records Office from DANTES Contractor Representative (transcripts), Madison, Wisconsin 53713.

Service training schools conducted by the various branches of the Armed Forces are accepted for credit value as recommended by the latest edition of A Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Forces; American Council on Education.

A student may petition for an evaluation of military education and experience upon completion of 40 degree applicable units from an accredited college or university, including a minimum of 12 units at Fullerton College. It is the student’s responsibility to petition for credit through the Veterans Resource Center.

A photocopy of the DD214 (discharge papers) must be submitted with the evaluation petition. The credit awarded is elective only and posted to the transcript upon graduation from Fullerton College. Elective credit granted for military work will not exceed 30 units.