Academic Support Center (ASC)
800 Bldg (LLRC), 1st Floor — (714) 992-7065
The Academic Support Center (ASC) provides free services to ALL Fullerton College students and staff to help them achieve academic success. The Center is comprised of three related areas: the Skills Center, the Tutoring Center, and the Writing Center.
(714) 992-7168 Room 801B
Embedded tutoring support for students in specific classes and disciplines.
This math institute is a non-credit computer-based math enhancement program that aims to improve students' math skills through a non-traditional classroom setting.
- Self-paced support for skill development in study skills, critical thinking, science, English and a variety of other subjects
- Administration of make-up exams for all Fullerton College courses
- Instructional lab support for courses in reading, English as a Second Language, foreign languages, and writing
- Free tutoring for most college courses by CRLA-trained, faculty-recommended tutors
- Walk-in tutoring for accounting, chemistry, physics, math; appointment tutoring for most other academic subjects
- Various workshops offered each semester
- ESL Specialist tutors provide individual and small group tutoring, workshops, and conversation groups
- Computers available for academic use
- One-on-one writing consultations
- Assistance with all stages of the writing process in all disciplines
- Appointments available: 30-minute sessions (2) per week; DSS and EOPS students may receive additional time
- Walk-in tutoring often available.