2000 Bldg, 2nd Floor — (714) 992-7084
The Fullerton College Counseling and Student Development Division provides services for students through the Counseling Center, Career and Life Planning Center, Cadena Cultural and Transfer Center and the Assessment Center. In addition, the division provides student development courses in personal and educational planning. (See course offerings under Counseling.)
The Counseling Center also provides e-advising. This web-based email service is available on the Fullerton College website and allows students to ask general counseling questions. This service is not intended to take the place of in-person appointments, but rather as a resource for general questions.
The Counseling Center offers new, continuing and returning students individual appointments with counseling faculty to:
- Assist students in appropriate selection of math*, English* and other courses depending on students educational goal
- Assist students in clarifying their career goals
- Assist students in preparing a Student Educational Planning Program (SEPP)
- Provide information on college policies and regulations
- Provide orientation and new student group advising
- Provide students with information on transfer, major preparation, and general education requirements
- Provide students with progress checks for certificates, associate degrees and transfer requirements
- Provide unofficial evaluations of other college transcripts
- Provide walk-in general information counseling
*Prerequisite courses will no longer be needed for students to get into math and English classes at a transfer level. This is due to a California Bill known as Assembly Bill 705.