Associate Degrees for Transfer (Associate in Arts/Associate in Science Degree for Transfer) (ADT)
California Community Colleges are now offering associate degrees for transfer (ADT) to the CSU. These may include Associate in Arts (AA-T) or Associate in Science (AS-T) degrees. These degrees are designed to provide a clear pathway to a CSU major and baccalaureate degree. California Community College students who are awarded an ADT degree are guaranteed admission with junior standing somewhere in the CSU system and given priority admission consideration to their local CSU campus or to a program that is deemed similar to their community college major. This priority does not guarantee admission to specific majors or campuses.
The ADT degree is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor’s degree in a similar major at a CSU campus. Students who have been awarded an ADT are able to complete their remaining requirements for the 120-unit baccalaureate degree within 60 semester or 90 quarter units (unless the major is designated “high-unit” major). To view the most current list of Cypress College Associate Degrees for Transfer and to find out which CSU campuses accept each degree, please go to www.CypressCollege.edu/services/transfer. This degree may not be the best option for students intending to transfer to a particular CSU campus or to a university or college that is not part of the CSU system.
Current and prospective community college students are encouraged to meet with a counselor to review their options and learn how to develop an educational plan that best meets their goals and needs as it relates to university admission and transfer requirements.
Requirements for the Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
- Completion of the California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
- Completion of at least 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in one AA-T or AS-T Major from those outlined following. (Note: Where appropriate, courses in the AA-T or AS-T Major may also be counted for a GE area.)
- A 2.0 (C) overall GPA and a 2.0 (C) in all courses taken in the AA-T or AS-T Major.
- Completion of a minimum of 60 units of CSU transferable course work.
This degree includes only transfer-level course work; however, students who select an AA-T or AS-T and intend to earn a Bachelor’s Degree should consult with a counselor to ensure optimal application of credit toward the Bachelor’s Degree requirements. Completion of major preparation requirements as determined by the receiving UC or CSU campus are officially listed on the Assist website at www.assist.org.
NOTE: Specific course requirements for the AA-T and AS-T Majors are listed in applicable sections of the catalog. The approved curriculum may also be accessed on the Articulation page of the Transfer Center site at: www.CypressCollege.edu/services/transfer/adt.aspx.
AA-T or AS-T Majors Offered by Cypress College for 2019-2020
(Note: Additional ADTs are currently in development):
- Administration of Justice
- Art History
- Business Administration
- Communication Studies
- Elementary Teacher Education
- Film, Television and Electronic Media
- Hospitality Management
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Political Science
- Public Health
- Social Justice Studies: African-American Studies
- Social Justice Studies: Chicana/o Studies
- Studio Arts
- Theater Arts