Transfer of Credit

Transfer of Credit TO Cypress College

Students seeking credit for coursework taken at another institution will need to have their coursework evaluated at Cypress College to determine which credit/course can be applied to satisfy General Education  and/or Major Requirements. Students must present transcripts from other educational institutions to initiate the Transfer of Credit process.  For a list of approved courses, please see an Academic Counselor in your Major.

Academic Counselors:

Transfer of Credit FROM Foreign Institutions

Students seeking evaluation of foreign coursework must provide a transcript evaluated by an accredited evaluation and translation service (see an Academic Counselor in your Major). Students must turn in the official evaluation to the Office of Admissions and Records for inclusion in their record and then set up an appointment with an Academic Counselor in their Major so that their transfer work may be evaluated. Coursework from foreign institutions cannot be used for CSU GE-Breadth or IGETC certification except to validate the foreign language requirement.

*Students may refer to the International Baccalaureate (IB) chart, for CSU GE-Breadth and IGETC credit details.

Transfer of Credit FROM Cypress College to Another Institution

To request transcripts from Cypress College, please visit the Transcripts page: