Economics Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer
PROGRAM CODE: 2A36961
The Economics Associate in Arts Degree for Transfer, also referred to as the Economics AA-T degree, prepares students to transfer to CSU campuses and other colleges/universities that offer bachelor's degrees in economics. Ed Code Section 66746-66749 states students earning the Economics AA-T degree will be granted priority for admission as an economics major to a local CSU, as determined by the CSU campus to which the student applies. The Economics AA-T focuses on the systematic study of the production, conservation and allocation of resources in conditions of scarcity, together with the organizational frameworks related to these processes. Coursework includes instruction in economic theory, micro- and macroeconomics. This degree requires a total of 21-23 units.
The following is required for all AA-T or AS-T degrees, and there are no additional graduation requirements:
- Completion of 60 semester units or 90 quarter units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
- The Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University General Education – Breadth Requirements.
- A minimum of 18 semester units or 27 quarter units in a major or area of emphasis, as determined by the community college district.
- Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.
- ADTs also require that students must earn a C or better in all courses required for the major or area of emphasis. A P (Pass) grade is an acceptable grade for a course in the major only if the P is defined to be equivalent to a C or better.
|Required Core Courses (14 units):|
|ECON 101 F||Principles of Economics-Micro||3|
|or ECON 101HF||Honors Principles of Economics-Micro|
|ECON 102 F||Principles of Economics-Macro||3|
|or ECON 102HF||Honors Principles of Economics-Macro|
|MATH 120 F||Introductory Probability and Statistics||4|
|or MATH 120HF||Honors Introductory Probability and Statistics|
|or PSY 161 F||Elementary Statistics for Behavioral Science|
|or PSY 161HF||Honors Elementary Statistics for Behavioral Science|
|or SOSC 120 F||Introduction to Probability and Statistics|
|MATH 130 F||Calculus for Business||4|
|or MATH 151 F||Calculus I (formerly MATH 150AF)|
|or MATH 151HF||Honors Calculus I (formerly MATH 150HF)|
|LIST A - Select one course (3-5 units):||3-5|
or ACCT 102HF
|Honors Financial Accounting|
|Critical Reasoning and Writing for Business (formerly Writing for Business)||3|
or BUS 211HF
|Honors Critical Reasoning and Writing for Business (formerly Honors Writing for Business)|
|Introduction to Information Systems||4|
or CIS 111HF
|Honors Introduction to Information Systems|
|Calculus II (formerly MATH 150BF)||4|
or MATH 152HF
|Honors Calculus II|
|LIST B - Select one course (4 units):||4|
|Select any LIST A course not already selected, or one of the courses below.|
|Multivariable Calculus (formerly MATH 250AF)||4|