Financial aid programs are awarded to eligible students to help pay their college expenses such as books and supplies, transportation, and other necessities. The Cypress College Financial Aid Office encourages all of our students to become informed about the variety of financial aid programs available at our college. Students may apply for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.studentaid.gov. Cypress College Federal School Code is 001193.
The Financial Aid Office currently administers the following types of state and federal financial aid programs to our students:
Federal Financial Aid Programs
- Federal Pell Grant - Federally funded grants for eligible undergraduate students based on calculated needs.
- Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (FSEOG) - Federally funded grants for eligible undergraduate students based on calculated needs.
- Federal Work Study (FWS) - Federally funded program that allows eligible students to seek employment for on-campus jobs.
- Federal Direct Loan (Subsidized and Unsubsidized) - Federally administered, low-interest loans available to eligible students.
State Financial Aid Programs
- Cal Grants - State-funded award for eligible students from disadvantaged backgrounds, or low-income families who have exceptionally high financial need, to provide them assistance with enrollment fees, living expenses, books, supplies, and transportation. Further information related to Cal Grants available at www.csac.ca.gov.
- California College Promise Grant (CCPG) - State-funded waivers of enrollment fees for eligible students.
- Dream Act Application - Several types of state and institutional aid are available to Undocumented AB 540 students as a result of the California Dream Act. Information, deadlines and application requirements are always updated on the Cypress College Financial Aid Dream Act resource page on the Cypress College Financial Aid Website or by visiting the Financial Aid Office.
The Department of Education or California Student Aid Commission randomly selects students for verification. Students can visit the Financial Aid requirements section in myGateway to complete their verification requirements online.
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Students must maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher
- Complete at least 67% of units attempted cumulatively
- Students are not eligible to receive Financial Aid when they attempted more than 150% of their program length
- 60 units required for an AA Degree x 150% = 90 units allowed
- Certificate programs vary (number of units required for program) x 150% = Maximum units allowed
For more information regarding SAP, please visit the financial aid requirements in myGateway
Return to Title IV Funds
Recipients of federal aid programs (Title IV grants or Direct Loans) who withdraw completely from the college before completing at least 60% of their enrollment period may be required to repay all or part of aid received. The Financial Aid Office at Cypress College will notify the student regarding the amount owed and repayment deadline.
For additional information:
Financial Aid Office
Cypress College Complex, 1st Floor
9200 Valley View Street
Cypress, CA 90630
|Normal Hours of Operation
|Mon through Thurs
|8:00 am – 6:00 pm
|8:00 am – 5:00 pm