Associate in Science Degree Accounting
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03761
This curriculum is designed to prepare the student for employment in the field of general bookkeeping and accounting. A graduate from this program should be equipped to meet the demands of any organization requiring skills in general accounting, cost accounting and analysis of financial information.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0. At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required courses are listed in suggested sequence (33 units):|
|ACCT 101 C||Financial Accounting||5|
|CIS 111 C||Computer Information Systems||3|
|ACCT 102 C||Managerial Accounting||5|
|ACCT 190 C||Accounting Systems Design and Applications||3|
|MGT 111 C||Business Communications||3|
|or MGT 211 C||Writing for Business|
|ECON 105 C||Principles of Economics-Micro 1||3|
|or ECON 105HC||Honors Principles of Economics|
|or ECON 110 C||Survey of Economics|
|ACCT 201 C||Intermediate Accounting||3|
|ACCT 011 C||Payroll Accounting||2|
|ACCT 202 C||Cost Accounting||3|
|ACCT 204 C||Accounting - Government and Nonprofit Entities||3|
A score of 3 or higher on the Advanced Placement (AP) Economics (micro) exam meets this requirement upon petition through Admissions and Records. See a counselor for more information.