Associate in Science Degree Psychiatric Technology
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03790
While the State of California does not require an Associate Degree for licensure as a Psychiatric Technician, the student may elect to earn one.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Required courses are listed in sequence: Note: A current American Heart Association (AHA) cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) card must be maintained by all students admitted to the program.
|BIOL 160 C||Integrated Medical Science 1||3|
|PSY 101 C||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|PT 110 C||Nursing Science I||7|
|PT 115 C||Nursing Science II||7|
|PSY 139 C||Developmental Psychology 1||3|
|PT 120 C||Developmental Disabilities I||7|
|PT 125 C||Developmental Disabilities II||7|
|PT 090 C||Leadership Supervision and Ethics 1||0.5|
|PT 130 C||Mental Disabilities I||7|
|PT 135 C||Mental Disabilities II||7|
|Addional Recommended Coursework Not Required|
|Educational Planning 1||1|
|College Writing Preparation `||4|
|Selected Topics/Psychiatric Technology 2||1|
Courses may be taken without official acceptance into the program. All other required courses must be taken after official acceptance.
Course is preparation for the State Board Examination students are required to take to become licensed. Recommended to be take upon program completion.