Veterans Resource Center

500 Bldg, Room 518 — (714) 992-7102

Veterans Military Service Connected Benefit Programs

Fullerton College is approved as a degree-granting institution for the attendance of veterans under Title 38, United States Code. This includes the programs covered in Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 35, 1606, 1607, and Harry W. Colmery (Forever G.I. Bill). GI Bill is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). The college is also approved for the attendance of California veterans’ dependents under the State Fee Waiver program. Veterans who plan to enroll in the college and need assistance with their education benefits are urged to contact the Veterans Resource Center (VRC).

Veterans Academic Progress

A veteran student whose GPA falls below a 2.0 for one semester will be placed on Academic Probation. A veteran student is eligible to receive benefits until they are academically dismissed from the college. Please contact the Veterans Resource Center for more information.


Veteran students must submit official transcripts (civilian) of all postsecondary coursework for evaluation. Military credit will be applied upon graduation only.

Approved Majors and Transfer

Unless otherwise notified by SAA, all programs (majors) in this catalog are approved for the training of veteran students. Transfer programs are approved contingent upon Fullerton College having current articulation agreements with the universities offering the transfer programs. Students should meet with a counselor in the Veterans Resource Center or visit the Counseling Department's website for a list of Fullerton College’s articulation agreements.

Military Credit for PE (AA/AS)

Students who wish to receive unit credit for prior military service are encouraged to contact the Veterans Resource Center. Fullerton College will grant prior credit for the 1 unit PE requirement for graduation if the Veteran completed Basic Training.

Veterans are still eligible to take additional PE coursework as desired, however it may not be required for graduation and thus it may not be certified by the Veterans Resource Center nor paid for by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).

  • Veteran students cannot be certified if they become Academically Dismissed by the Admissions and Records Office (see Probation and Dismissal Policy).