Rising Scholars Program
The Rising Scholars Program is committed to providing holistic and student-centered support for formerly incarcerated and system impacted students. Program participants are empowered to take agency in achieving and exceeding their goals through access to higher education and wrap-around support services to advance student success. The Rising Scholars program collaborates with the EOPS/CARE program to provide academic counseling, opportunities for engagement, referrals to resources on and off campus, and connection with program staff and peers.
The Rising Scholars Program offers the following services:
- Priority Registration
- Book Award
- Rising Scholar Liaison
- Academic Counselor
- Book Lending Program
- Advocacy Letters
- Educational School Supplies
- Specialized Fieldtrips, events, and workshops
- Financial Assistance (based on available funds)
- Referrals to mental health services
Information on Eligibility
The Rising Scholars Program serves students who have been formerly incarcerated or systems impacted via Extended Opportunity Programs & Services (EOPS).
The following eligibility criteria apply in order for a student to be considered for the EOPS Program:
- Completed less than 40 units of college level coursework
- Educationally disadvantaged as determined by the EOPS Program
- Enrolled full time (12 units) when accepted by the EOPS Program
- Qualified to receive the California Community College Promise Grant (CCCPG), formerly known as the BOGG Fee Waiver
- Resident of California or AB540 student
** Students who do not meet EOPS eligibility requirements are encouraged to contact the Rising Scholars office at (714) 992- 7097 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about supportive services.