Associate in Science Degree Dental Assisting
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03786
This program is designed to enable a student to receive a Dental Assisting Associate in Science Degree. To earn an Associate Degree students must complete all graduation requirements to include:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units, and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College.
|DA 016 C||Dental Materials||3|
|DA 061 C||Oral Anatomy/Dental Assisting||3|
|DA 062 C||Preventive Dental Health - Basics||3|
|DA 063 C||Chairside Assisting I||3|
|DA 065 C||Radiology/Dental Assisting||3|
|DA 066 C||Radiology II/Dental Assisting (formerly Clinical/Dental Radiology)||1|
|DA 058 C||Clinical Externship I||2|
|DA 059 C||Clinical Externship II||3.5|
|DA 067 C||Dental Specialties||3|
|DA 068 C||Chairside Assisting II||3|
|DA 069 C||Clinical Externship III||2.5|
|DA 070 C||Dental Office Procedures||2|
NOTE: Dental Assisting courses at Cypress College do not transfer to the CSU or UC. These courses are applicable only to the Dental Assisting Associate of Science Degree and/or Certificate of Dental Assisting. The Dental Assisting courses may transfer to another Dental Assisting program. However, it is the decision of that program to accept these courses. The Cypress College Dental Assisting program does not accept Dental Assisting courses from other programs. However, a potential student can be evaluated for competency in regards to specific courses in our program.