Photography Associate in Arts Degree
Division: Fine Arts
PROGRAM CODE: 1A03782
The Photography Associate in Arts Degree is designed to prepare students for entry into occupational photographic fields. A student may also elect to work toward a transfer into a four-year institution, in the field of Fine Arts.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the Social Justice, Equity and Sustainability and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0. At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College.
Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center. This degree requires a total of 36 units.
|Required Courses (36 units):|
|PHOT 101 C||Introduction to Photography||3|
|PHOT 103 C||Intermediate Photography||3|
|PHOT 104 C||Wedding and Event Photography||3|
|PHOT 109 C||Portrait Photography||3|
|PHOT 118 C||Available Light Photography||3|
|PHOT 202 C||Contemporary Photography||3|
|PHOT 203 C||Studio Lighting Techniques||3|
|PHOT 204 C||History of Photography||3|
|PHOT 215 C||Digital Photography||3|
|PHOT 219 C||Editorial Photography||3|
|PHOT 220 C||Alternative Photo Processes I||3|
|PHOT 235 C||Drone Photography and Video||3|