Radiologic Technology Certificate
PROGRAM CODE: 1C21114
To earn a certificate, students must have previously earned an Associate Degree and have completed all of the Cypress College Radiologic Technology Program requirements with a grade of C or better. At least 50% of all course work must be completed at Cypress College.
Minimum Standards for Applicants
- Eligibility for admission to Cypress College.
- High school graduation, or completion of the General Education Development (GED) test, or high school proficiency test.
- Minimum age of 17 years.
- Present evidence of good physical and mental health, as determined by medical examination upon admission to program and prior to enrollment.
- Overall GPA of 2.0 in all college classes taken.
- Must have own transportation to all affiliated hospitals.
- Eligibility for ENGL 100 C.
- Completion of 9 units of General Education. (See General Education requirements in catalog.)
- Enrollment in, or completion of, program prerequisites.
- A separate application, in addition to the college application form, is required for admission into the Radiologic Technology program.
- Applications must be completed online during the month of February. Please see the Health Science Application link on the Radiology Technology home page.
- Applicants must submit official transcripts (except Cypress and Fullerton Colleges) and signature page of application in person to the Health Science Applications office. Health Science Building, Cypress College 9200 Valley View Street, Cypress, California 90630-5897 by March 15. Please bring photo identification.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to verify that evidence of criteria is on file.
Applications normally exceed capacity. Selection of applicants is based on accumulation of points. (Criteria is subject to change. For information see a Health Science Counselor.)
Foundation courses are required prior to admission to the program. The following required courses plus a minimum of 9 General Education units must be completed by the end of the spring semester with a grade of C or better in each course to be considered for the fall (August) class.
|HS 145 C||Survey of Medical Terminology||3|
|BIOL 210 C||Anatomy and Physiology||4-5|
|or BIOL 231 C||General Human Anatomy|
|RADT 142 C||Radiologic Electronics||4|
|RADT 146 C||Introduction to Radiography||4|
|MATH 040 C||Intermediate Algebra||4|
Radiologic Technology Curriculum
Radiologic Technology courses must be taken in a specific sequence. Students must obtain a grade of C or better in all required courses to continue in the program. The three (3) semester internships will begin during the summer session following semester 2 of the curriculum and continue until June of the following year.
All courses, including general education courses, to satisfy the Associate Degree (refer to Cypress’ Associate Degree requirements) must be completed prior to the end of the internship year. Upon completion of the program and Associate Degree requirements, the student will be eligible for the State Certification and National Registry Examinations. For further information, contact a Health Science Counselor, (714) 484-7270.
Required Courses are Listed in Suggested Sequence
|Semester 1||Units||Semester 2||Units||Semester 3||Units||Semester 4||Units||Semester 5||Units|
|RADT 148 C||4||RADT 247 C||5||RADT 254 C||6.5||RADT 255 C||12||RADT 256 C||12|
|RADT 150 C||5||RADT 251 C||7||RADT 196 C||1||RADT 197 C||1||RADT 198 C||1|
|RADT 153 C1||3||RADT 162 C||3||RADT 260 C||3|
|HS 147 C||3||RADT 252 C1||1.5|
|RADT 253 C1||1.5|
|Total Units 69.5|
May be taken prior to enrollment in the program.
Note: Non-refundable supplemental materials charges will apply to some of the above courses in this program.