Auto Collision Repair Fundamentals Associate in Science Degree
Division: Career Technical Education
PROGRAM CODE: 1S0783220
The Auto Collision Repair Fundamentals Associate in Science Degree (formerly Associate in Science Degree Automotive Collision Repair) combines certificates Auto Collision 1 and Auto Collision 2, which along with the general education courses, prepares students for entry-level employment as automotive collision technicians. Training is given in both theory and practical skills. Courses in this program emphasize safety procedures, proper use of tools, basic techniques of body work, paint matching and application, and quality detailing and car care.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better;
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements;
- the Social Justice, Equity and Sustainability requirement and reading requirements;
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units; and,
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all course work must be completed at Cypress College. This degree requires a total of 35-36 units.
|Required Courses (35-36 units):|
|ACR 020 C||Auto Detail/Car Care - Beginning||3|
|ACR 021 C||Advanced Auto Detailing||3|
|ACR 050 C||ACR/Special Projects||2-3|
|ACR 101 C||Auto Collision Repair Technician I (formerly ACR 001 C)||6|
|ACR 102 C||Auto Collision Repair Technician II (formerly ACR 002 C)||6|
|ACR 107 C||Refinishing Technician I (formerly ACR 007 C)||6|
|ACR 108 C||Refinishing Technician II (formerly ACR 008 C)||6|
|ACR 170 C||Automotive Color Matching (formerly ACR 070 C)||3|