Associate in Science Degree Computer Programming
PROGRAM CODE: 1S03768
The Associate in Science Degree in Computer Programming prepares the student for a career in the area of computer programming. The curriculum is designed to develop a working knowledge of what is required to be successful in business computer programming.
To earn an Associate Degree students must complete:
- all major course requirements with a grade of C or better
- Cypress College Native General Education requirements; California State University General Education Breadth requirements (CSU GE Breadth) or IGETC General Education requirements
- the cultural diversity and reading requirements
- any elective courses to complete a minimum of 60 units, and
- have a minimum GPA of 2.0.
At least 50% of all major course work must be completed at Cypress College. Courses that fulfill major requirements for an Associate Degree at Cypress College might not be the same as those required for completing the major at a transfer institution offering a Baccalaureate Degree. For information on specific university requirements, please consult with your counselor, or visit the Transfer Center.
|Required Courses are listed in suggested sequence (18 units):|
|CIS 111 C||Computer Information Systems||3|
|CIS 211 C||Introduction to Programming||3|
|CIS 218 C||Visual C# Programming||3|
|CIS 223 C||Visual C++ Programming||3|
|CIS 226 C||Java Programming||3|
|CIS 247 C||Python Programming||3|