- Students may repeat no more than two times the same course in which substandard grades or W’s were assigned at Cypress and Fullerton Colleges. Substandard grades are considered to be D, F, NC, or NP.
- The college shall exclude the first two substandard grades a student has earned in a course offered at a college within the District in computing the overall grade point average if the student repeats the course two times.
- Students may petition to have a substandard grade, grade points, and units excluded from the computation of the student’s grade point average in accord with college procedures.
- An assignment of MW in accord with provisions related to military service shall not count toward the college computation or exclusion related to probation or dismissal.
- An assignment of MW shall not count toward the maximum allowable number of repetitions to which the student would otherwise be entitled.
- Students who have previously earned a grade of C or better in a course offered at the colleges within the District shall be allowed to repeat the course under certain conditions.
- In accord with a determination that such repetition is required as a disability-related accommodation for a particular student, repetition in a special class for students with disabilities shall be allowed.
- When course repetition occurs, the permanent academic record shall be annotated in such a manner that all work remains legible, insuring a true and complete academic history. (NOCCCD BP4225 — effective March 8, 2011)