Grade Change

Any change in a grade given by an instructor shall be subject to California Education Code Section 76224 (a): When grades are given for any course of instruction taught in a community college district, the grade given to each student shall be the grade determined by the instructor of the course and the determination of the student’s grade by the instructor, in the absence of mistake, fraud, bad faith, or incompetency, shall be final.

Students requesting an appeal related to a grade received from an instructor should follow procedures detailed under Petitions and Appeals in this Catalog. Students have a two-year limit to request a grade change. To ensure that a request for a grade change is timely, students are encouraged to initiate their request for a grade change as soon as possible, and when possible, no later than the next regular semester following the award of the original grade. This policy supersedes all previous grade change provisions at Cypress College. Students should be aware that no grade change will be made after two years from the date of the assignment of the grade. When a grade given in error has been corrected, the incorrect grade is expunged from the student’s permanent record.