High School Transcripts

All matriculated students should have official transcripts sent to the Admissions and Records Office from their high school.

Other College Transcripts

Students with previous college units should have transcripts from all colleges attended sent to the Cypress College Admissions and Records Office. These transcripts can verify completion of prerequisite courses, eliminate the necessity of taking all or part of the placement tests, and can assist the academic counselors when working with the students. Official transcripts from other colleges are required for evaluation of an associate degree, certificate, and meeting general education requirements for transfer.

Cypress College Transcripts

The Admissions and Records Office prepares and permanently retains a record of each student’s academic work. The transcript reflects all academic work attempted at Cypress College. It lists chronologically the courses, units, grades, grade points, cumulative grade point average, total units and other relevant academic data.

The normal processing time for transcripts is within 7–10 business days. Forms for requesting transcripts may be downloaded from the college website ( and are available in the Admissions and Records Office. Transcript requests may be submitted in person or mailed.

Mail requests must include the student’s current and previous names, date of birth, eight-digit student number, approximate dates of attendance, number of copies needed, a complete address where the transcript is to be sent with the student’s full signature. Instructions for special handling should be included. Transcript requests should be mailed to:

Cypress College
Admissions and Records/­Transcripts
9200 Valley View St.
Cypress, CA 90630

Requests with incomplete information will not be processed. Additional processing time may be needed when the campus is closed.

Students are entitled to two (2) copies of their transcripts without cost. Subsequent copies are $3 per copy. On-Demand transcripts can be obtained for an additional $10. (Note: Fee is subject to change at any time.)

Transcript requests must include full payment to be processed. Only checks or money orders are accepted and should be made payable to Cypress College. Cash payments can be made at the Admissions and Records Office but are not recommended to be sent through the mail. Requests will not be processed if the student has holds or outstanding financial obligations to the college.

Cypress College provides students the capability of sending transcripts electronically to other California colleges and universities. This web-based exchange system is secure and provides instantaneous delivery versus that of postal mail. Access the Main Menu in myGateway/Webstar for more information and the list of the participating institutions that can be sent an electronic transcript.

In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) of 1974 and the provisions established in Board Policy BP 5040 of the North Orange County Community College District records may not be released to a third party without prior written authorization by the student.

Students must submit an Authorization to Release Education Records form and a copy of their photo ID to the Admissions and Records Office prior to the release of a transcript to a third party. The form can be obtained from the Admissions and Records Office or downloaded from the Admissions link on the college website. Contact the Admissions and Records Office for additional information.